Monday, September 6, 2010

Here's the thing

Here's the thing. I'm at the point where I'm just not willing to debate with people over an issue that has been decided so heavily in one side's favour. That isn't to say I won't look at new arguments, but everything put forth already has been refuted time and time again. The real definitive argument against god, religion, superstition, etc. is science anyways. Cellular biology and evolutionary biology have done away with (for good) a personal god. Don't even get me started on the cruelty and suffering inflicted on ourselves and other animals. The only god that remains is one that could have started everything, but if you are willing to accept that god didn't need a creator then why not skip a step and say the universe didn't need one. It's time to move past religion. Humans are special only in the sense that our brains have evolved enough to comprehend our existence. We live and so will consequently die just like the rest of the species on this planet and I've come to terms with my mortality. It's made me appreciate the things we've accomplished and also ignited an intense hatred towards those who attempt to mystify the natural world or degrade our achievements.

Science and reason have won and it's time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment